With over 4 billion people worldwide connected to the internet, there has never been a better time for businesses. Blogging can help you build trust with your potential customers and drive website traffic as well. In this blog, team Digitally Global highlights the benefits of blogging for business and marketing in detail. From building links to bringing traffic to your site to creating original content – it’s about understanding what it takes to create valuable material which will get you results.
Business blogging is a marketing tactic that uses the power of blogging to reach new customers and motivate them into becoming loyal followers. Business blogging is a great way to get your business more visibility online. A blog can be used as an additional marketing channel like social media or direct mail, that helps you promote your business and contributes to its success.
Benefits Of Blogging For Business
One question most businessmen ask after starting a business is whether blogging is worth the effort in 2021. There are many good reasons to say yes, and here they all are.
1. Drives Website Traffic
We all want a huge audience for our website, yet how do we acquire new ones to convert them into loyal customers?
The ways people find our site: They type into their browser and see what’s available right away but that only has so much juice before it fails them because there are millions of pages on the internet with just as many companies trying to make themselves seen or heard by potential clients like yourself.
You could pay for traffic by buying an email list (don’t you dare!), blasting them, and hoping some people open the emails. But that’s expensive and illegal – better avoid it.
You could pay for traffic by placing tons of paid ads, which is legal but expensive. And the second you run out of money your organic search engine ranking goes down and people stop coming to your site and so do the conversions.
Blogs are one of the best ways to update your website. Every time you create and publish a blog post, it’s one more indexed page on your website. This means the search engines will see this as an active site that may have new content emerging soon enough to keep themselves updated about what is trending online – driving traffic back your way.
2. Repurpose Blog Content For Social Media
Blogging for your business also helps you get discovered via social media. Every time you create a new article, not only do people have the opportunity to read it and enjoy themselves but they’re able to share on Twitter or LinkedIn- which ultimately leads them towards discovering the type of company you are. Repurposing blog content for social media posts can keep your presence going strong without you having too much trouble with creating fresh posts every day as well.
3. Convert Your Traffic Into Potential Leads
Now that you have some traffic coming to your site through the blog, it’s important for converting these website visitors into leads. Like every post on a blog is another indexed page with the potentiality of generating new contacts and opportunities as well; so all posts need an engaging call-to-action which can be used in exchange information from readers like free ebooks or whitepapers etc., Which often result in successful sales down the line.
To make things as simple for anyone unfamiliar with how traffic-to lead conversions work, the process goes something like this:
- A visitor comes to the website
- The visitor sees a call-to-action for a free offer
- The visitor clicks on call-to-action and is directed to a landing page, which contains a form for them to fill in their information
- The visitor fills out the form, submits information, and receives the free offer
Not all blog readers will become leads, but that’s okay. Just get blogging and put calls-to-action on every post so you can convert more people into your next customer.
4. Gets Long-Term Results In Sales
To be a successful business blog, you must answer common questions and provide valuable content. You can do this by creating articles for your target audience on topics they are interested in or know about. By consistently creating valuable content or articles for your target audience, you can establish yourself as an industry leader or authority.
- Establishing authority is not as easy to measure, but it feels like a much more concrete metric than traffic and leads. You can use this to measure sales enablement in your company.
- Blog posts are a great way to connect with prospects and build trust. If your company has written blogs in the past, it will make them much more likely for people to come into the sales funnel trusting what you have said because of their previous experiences.
- Prospects that have been reading your blog posts will typically enter the sales funnel with more knowledge of you and your products. They also understand how they can use this information to make better purchasing decisions for themselves, which makes a far more productive conversation than one held between two strangers.
- Salespeople who encounter specific questions that require in-depth explanation or a documented answer can pull from an archive of blog posts. Not only do these articles help move the sales process along faster than if they had to create assets from scratch, but by providing helpful resources and positioning themselves as valuable members within their prospect’s organization – all while building trust with those prospects.
5. Blogging Helps Link Building
Inbound links or backlinks are among the 200 factors that Google considers when ranking a site on its search engine result page. Many experts and small business owners also believe in linking to be an essential part of SEO optimization, with link building being ranked as 41% challenging for professionals who want their sites optimized by popular algorithms.
Building links that are both valuable to your potential customers and other companies in an industry they view as leaders is important for building credibility. Backlinks help with search engine optimization by signaling the homepage of trustworthy websites, just like Google!
6. Share Your Company News Through Blogging
Blogs provide a medium through which companies can share their news and stories. Not only do blogs contain articles, but they also have space to highlight what’s going on in your business – whether it be an article about how things are changing or some exciting new product launch.
If you’re hosting any sort of local festival or trade show this year then drum up attention for it by posting updates from time, to date, right on your site as well.
7. Other Benefits
Blogs are a great way to test out new ideas and campaigns before investing in them. They also allow you to grow your business by understanding who its target audience is, which can be useful as well!
You’ve seen the benefits your business blog can get you — more traffic, leads, and a better relationship with audiences. And you’re undoubtedly itching to start blogging!
For professional help with blog writing, click here.