“Creating a great product is not enough. You also need an excellent marketing strategy!”
Similar to you, many businesses face the same dilemma of how they can advertise their products to customers. This is usually a choice between two marketing strategies: search engine optimization (SEO) or pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns.
Which is the best approach for you? Organic-First or a top advertisement placement to find customers through SEO rankings. Some people prefer organic optimization and utilizing search engine results, while others may prefer an advertising strategy on keyword pages at the top of SERPs. To understand the best way to promote your business, read this blog from Digitally Global.
Search engine optimization is the process of making your website more visible to search engines using techniques such as keywords, links, and content. You can use SEO tactics like keyword research and link-building to improve organic traffic from Google or Bing searches. SEO is a powerful investment that can help you capture your target audience when they do Google searches for keywords related to your product or service.
The majority of SEO strategies center around Google because it holds 92.24% of the search engine market share and if you want to appear higher up on the SERP, then you need to learn about Google’s 200 ranking factors and technical SEO, link-building content creation.
Advantages Of SEO
SEO Is Cost-Efficient In Long Term
SEO can be expensive as it requires both time and money to reach the desired ranking. However, SEO is still cheaper than PPC in the long run because when you create content that ranks well on search engines like Google or Bing, your target customers are more likely to see what you have advertised for free which means there’s no cost involved. Organic traffic is scalable and cost-effective
Target Various Funnel Stages Using SEO
An SEO strategy is not a one-size-fits-all approach. Your audience could be anywhere between the top of your sales funnel and the bottom, with differing levels of awareness about your brand. You can create content for each segment that uniquely meets their needs by targeting them at different stages in their journey through the purchase cycle: from just discovering you to already being on board as a customer.
Receive Stable Search Traffic
You can forget about having to buy ads or worry about your budget going dry on Google. All you need is a good website and SEO-friendly content, which will keep generating traffic for as long as it remains up there, being updated at regular intervals.
Build Brand Authority With Organic Listings
Market your products and services by appearing on search results for keywords related to them. This will help you build trust with customers, as well as show Google that you are an expert in the topic.
Disadvantages Of SEO
SEO Algorithms Change, Regularly
You may have to adjust your marketing strategy more than a few times to keep up with the ever-changing algorithm of Google.
Regular Website Optimization Required
If you want to continue ranking for keywords, then your content and web pages must be regularly optimized. That might mean refreshing old articles or removing expired links.
SEO Takes Time To Show Effectiveness
You might want to reconsider if you’re starting a new website. If that’s the case, it can be difficult for search engines like Google to rank your site because there are many factors involved in how they decide where sites will appear on their list of results – and this is something only experience will give you.
Requires Skilled Professionals
You might not be hiring a professional, but you’ll need to if you want your site to show up in search engine results. It’s time-consuming and overwhelming running a business as it is – why make yourself even busier by taking technical SEO classes?
PPC, or pay-per-click, is a form of advertising in which an advertiser pays for every time someone clicks on their ad. This model allows advertisers to only make payments when consumers interact with the ads – meaning they attract people interested enough in what you offer and ready to purchase. The method is mainly associated with search engines as advertisers bid against other companies’ offers while using keywords related specifically to markets that are suitable for them. You may have noticed that there’s always an “Ad” marker tagged next to top searches within your browser list; this means it has been paid through Pay Per Click advertisement campaigns.
PPC advertising is a great way to get your business in front of the target consumers. The cost just depends on what industry you are targeting and how many searches there will be for that particular keyword phrase. PPC ads can help bring new customers into an area where they may not have found out about it before.
Advantages Of PPC
Instant Results With PPC
While SEO might take months to see the full effects of your strategy, PPC can show you results in just a few hours.
PPC Ads Come Before Organic Rankings
The first result is the best. With PPC ads, your website will appear at the top of a search engine’s results page for that keyword you targeted and it means people are more likely to click on your site before they scroll down or look anywhere else.
PPC Helps You Identify Your Audience
PPC is a great way to reach people who share similar interests and demographics. You can target users by location, age range, marital status, or even specific hobbies!
A/B Tests Can Be Conducted On PPC Ads
With a PPC campaign, you can simultaneously run two different ads to measure which converts better. All you’ll have to do is change some ad elements like the ad copy and allow them to run for some time – usually up until an hour or so. Depending on performance, once it’s known which Google Ads are performing better than others (and what else needs work), make adjustments accordingly with your optimization efforts!
Disadvantages Of PPC
PPC Ads Are Expensive
Without money, you can’t run a PPC campaign. You have to pay for every link that your audience clicks – once your budget dries up so does your traffic. In competitive industries like legal or insurance, it gets even more expensive with the cost of an ad as high as $40!
It’s important to remember that while a PPC campaign might bring short-term wins, it’ll usually result in lower profit margins. Because PPC is a “pay for play” system where you pay every time your ad appears on the screen (rather than if someone clicks), your customer acquisition costs will continue getting higher without a significant increase in the prices of products and services.
It Becomes Stale Soon
You can’t control your paid ad copy because of the rule set by advertising platforms like Google. As such, you might have similar wording to your competitors which makes it easy for people who don’t care about what they are looking at to quickly click on a competitor’s link instead of yours.
Comparing SEO Vs. PPC
Search engine optimization can help your content rank high on a search engine, making it more likely that people will click and read. SEO is the key to getting ranked higher in Google’s results when someone searches for anything relating to you or your business- which means increased traffic from new customers!
SEO is the way to go for long-term growth and local SEO. Pay-per-click campaigns are a great quick fix but they require you to spend money constantly, whereas with SEO it’s more of an investment in your online presence that will keep paying off over time.
Which One To Choose From SEO Or PPC?
There are many situations where SEO is better than PPC and vice versa. What is your current situation? Let’s explore some situations.
Best To Use SEO when:
- Your marketing budget is low
- You want to build your brand authority
- You’re looking to maximize your long-term return on investment (ROI)
- You need to create content to reach your audience at different stages of the sales funnel
Best To Use PPC When:
- You want quick results
- Your product is novel or first-of-its-kind
- Promotion of a time-sensitive offer
- You need to direct your audience to your landing page
Make SEO And PPC Work Optimally
Want to get the best of both worlds? Combine SEO and PPC in your business strategy so you don’t have to choose between them. Here’s how!
The beauty is that, if done correctly, these two powerful strategies can work seamlessly together for a powerhouse marketing plan.
You’d be surprised how many people visit a site but don’t buy anything. It’s easy to use retargeting ads so they come back and make that purchase!
Use Social Media Ads To Promote Website Content
The important thing to remember is that social media isn’t just a way to reach new prospects and customers, it can also be used as an effective marketing tool. Not only does this strategy help with content distribution but you may find yourself acquiring the backlinks your rank needs.
Improve SEO Strategy By Collecting Ad Data
PPC campaigns help you access a lot of data. Aimed with all the information at your fingertips, it would be easier for you to create better SEO strategies and reach higher conversion rates without much effort.
Interesting SEO Statistics
- Google is responsible for over 92% of global web traffic
- 90.63% of online content gets zero traffic from Google, with only 0.21% getting over 1000 visits per month
- 46.40% of browser-based Google searches resulted in an organic link click.
- 99.2% of website pages have less than 100 backlinks
- Google processes more than 7 billion searches every day
- SEO drives almost 100% more traffic than paid traffic
- 60% of smartphone users contacted businesses using search results
- 64% of marketers actively invest in SEO
- 76% of B2B search traffic is trackable
- 18% of locals are making purchases from their smartphones searches, whereas the stat is only 7% for non-locals
Interesting PPC Statistics
- 390 out of 506 surveyed by Clutch recognize a paid search ad
- 90% of Internet users worldwide are reached by the Google Display Network
- In 2021, search advertising will exceed $170 billion
- Adblock is a great invention that saves people from agitating ads on social media feeds. That’s not all, it also helps marketers to save money and invest in better advertising strategies by preventing consumers from blocking their products
- PPC Ads boost brand awareness by 80% despite ad blockers
- The insurance industry has the highest average monthly CPC in Google Ads at $18.57 per click
- The electronics industry enjoys the cheapest CPC in Google Ads search advertising is in at 83 cents per click
- The average Facebook Ads Click-Through Rate across all industries is 0.89% The Pets and Animals industry has the highest CTR while the lowest rates come from the Science industry
- A recent study showed that more than 763 million devices use Adblock. This means fewer people will see your ads, making it frustrating for marketers who invest in PPC campaigns to reach their target audiences. Additionally, ad blockers have increased 15-30% over the last four years!
- Adblock is an amazing tool for consumers that can be frustrating for a marketer. Ad Blocking has increased by 15-30% within the last four years and with more than 763 million devices running ad blocking software, it’s no wonder!
- Paid ads are not only easy to find at the top of Google SERP, but they also answer your question. 75% of marketers prefer to find their desired information from a paid ad rather than the first page of results
The perfect marketing strategy depends on your business situation. For this reason, it’s important to take your time and weigh the pros and cons of SEO vs PPC for you. If possible, use both strategies together so that you can find out how each one will benefit or detract from your company’s performance in whatever way is right for them. Click here to get the best SEO-optimized websites for your business!